The Costume Wiki is for descriptions and photos of self-made costumes, mostly for kids, for Halloween, New Year parties, school plays, etc.
Here you can add, fix and improve descriptions of custom costumes, made by yourself or by someone else (if you've asked their permission, of course!).
You can do it anonymously or after registering and logging in. The latter is preferable for better change control.
Go here to learn how to register and work with wiki.
- While adding new pages or improving the old ones, please use some existing costume pages as templates.
- While adding new pages don't forget to specify categories your new costume belongs to ("All" and at least one specific category). You can add new categories if needed.
- The recommended file size for images is 150K. However, you don't need to optimize and resize your photos if they are already within this limit. Wikia has a multilevel system to display images, so a smaller thumbnail image will be visible on your page automatically. You only need to choose the corresponding "thumb" size for it to approximately match the ratios of photos on other pages.
- All images for one wiki are stored in one pool so when you add a new version of an existing costume, be sure to not overwrite someone else's images. For better control, it is preferable to avoid automatically given filenames with lots of meaningless numbers and letters and rename your photos using the following pattern: "costume name-author-costume part or version".
- If you also speak Russian it would be great if you could add your costumes to the Russian Costume wiki the same time. Please note these two wikis have separate pools for images, so you need to upload your photos twice.
See also Wikia:Costume for basic information about this site.